The law and practice of disputes about Wills, Trusts, Probate and Powers of Attorney is highly specialised and frequently complex.
What’s more, the relationship dynamics involved invariably require skilful and sensitive management. It is all too easy for parties to become entrenched in their positions, with often calamitous results in terms of financial and human cost. That is why we believe it is essential to obtain specialist advice as soon as the possibility of a dispute becomes apparent.
We can help Executors, Administrators, Beneficiaries, Attorneys, Deputies or other interested parties with all aspects of Wills, Trusts, Probate and Court of Protection disputes, no matter how complicated. We have members of the Law Society Probate Section, the Society of Estate Practitioners and the Association Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists on hand to assist.
Here are some common examples of where we can help;
- Grant of Probate stage: preventing or facilitating Grants; resolving disputes between prospective Executors; obtaining limited Grants pending determination of disputes; subpoenas to establish existence/ content of wills; Application of the Intestacy Rules.
- Will challenges: Lack of intention, capacity, execution, or knowledge and approval; undue influence; fraud/ forgery; revocation.
- Will interpretation and administration: Construction/ rectification applications; removal/ replacement of Executors.
- Claims against the Estate: Proprietary estoppel; constructive/ secret trusts; claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975.
- Court of Protection: disputed EPA/ LPA registration applications; disputed Deputyship applications; disputes over conduct of financial affairs; removal/ replacement of Attorneys and Deputies.
Why choose CWJ?
We firmly believe that specialist legal issues require specialist solicitors. CWJ have years of experience in handling complex and demanding probate and Court of Protection disputes. We have a specialist team devoted to this practice area which boasts capabilities rarely seen outside of a large London practices, at a fraction of the cost. The team is led by Andrew Wood, a partner who is a recognised specialist in his field.