Tel: 01689 887887
for your business
for your business
How can we help you?
Disputes are generally unwelcome because of their potentially serious impact on corporate finances, staff and management time.
When faced with a dispute, you need a lawyer who can work with you to assess risks, costs and options to determine the best way of tackling the problem.
Our dedicated team of commercial litigation lawyers at CWJ are experienced in handling a range of issues from small debt or breach of contract claims to complex multi-party litigation and claims of more than £1 million.
Although focused on optimising outcomes, we also attune our advice to the commercial realities and the needs of your business. We always consider alternative methods of settling disputes and have been successful in exploring practical, innovative new strategies for resolving conflict, even in cases where the parties appear to hold entrenched positions.
We are members of the Law Society Civil Litigation Section and of the London Solicitors Litigation Association. Some of our work is multi-jurisdictional and, where necessary, we draw on the knowledge and experience of a number of European lawyers through our membership of EuroJuris. For information on funding arrangements click here
The type of work we do includes;
- Contractual disputes
- Boardroom/shareholder disputes
- Professional negligence claims (against lawyers, accountants, architects, surveyors and others professionals)
- Construction disputes
- Trade mark infringement/passing off actions
- Copyright infringement
- Design rights infringement
- Employment disputes/enforcing restrictive covenants
- Dispute resolution (Mediation and other Alternative Dispute Resolution solutions)
- Interest Rate Swaps Mis-selling
- Insurance claims
- Defamation (Libel and Slander)
- Property disputes
- Commercial landlord and tenant disputes
- Residential property rent arrears claims
- Residential property possession actions
- Residential leasehold landlord and tenant disputes
- Debt recovery including winding up/bankruptcy
- Civil fraud claims