Ben is a solicitor in the corporate/commercial team.
After graduating from the University of Southampton with a degree in Accounting & German, Ben trained with the firm, qualified in 1999 and has since worked on contractual matters and a variety of corporate and commercial work including investment transactions, acquisitions and disposals of private companies and businesses, management buyouts and reorganisations of various types and sizes. Ben became a partner in 2008.
Ben is fluent in German, having spent time working in Austria, and enjoys travelling throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
As well as cherishing time with his young family, Ben also enjoys skiing, walking and cycling and plays golf occasionally. He is a passionate and active supporter of Leicester Tigers and Westcombe Park rugby clubs. Ben is also a liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Makers of Playing Cards in London.
- Sales and acquisitions of private company shares
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Private equity investment transactions
- Management buy-outs
- Shareholders' agreements
- Partnership transactions
- Review and drafting of commercial agreements
- Acquisitions and disposals of insolvent businesses
- Equity Investments and loans in a telecom signalling business by a regional investment fund
- Acquisition of various residential care homes and associated businesses for a number of clients including the reorganisation of a care home group
- Acquisition of envelope printing business from administrators
- Management buy out of family owned food distributors and warehousing business
- Sale of substantial locally based direct mail company
- Acquisition of a fire and security systems installation and maintenance company
- Assisting US based staff placement business with the acquisition of a UK based group
- Acquisition of a dance school business
CLAIM TO FAME
"I broke my leg skiing aged 7 and I was carried from the slope to the ambulance by Toni Sailer - triple Olympic champion."