John has over 25 years experience advising businesses of all types and is the head of the Property Department.
He was managing partner in a local firm for 13 years before joining Clarkson Wright & Jakes in 2001. He has been named in the Chambers Directory (a leading guide to the UK legal profession) as a leading individual in Kent and Sussex for Corporate Finance work. John is also a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
John has a keen interest in classic cars and flying. He is a past president of Tunbridge Wells Rotary Club and the Secretary/Treasurer and a former Chairman of the International Fellowship of Flying Rotarians in the UK. John is also a former Governor of Holmewood House School in Tunbridge Wells and was a Trustee of Hospice in the Weald at Pembury.
- Management buy-outs
- Company sales and acquisitions
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Shareholders' agreements
- Partnership transactions
- Review and drafting of commercial agreements
- Commercial property
- Lubricant Distribution Agreements for Engen Petroleum Limited in Southern Africa
- Sale of The Commtech Group plc to IMI plc
- Acquisition of Pinden Quarry from Hanson plc
- Sale of Margolis Group Limited to MBO team
CLAIM TO FAME
"In 2005 I flew a light aircraft from Brisbane to Uluru (Ayer’s Rock) and back, a 4000 mile round trip, much of it across desert, landing in four of the five States. I nearly ran out of runway at Innamincka (pop 16 but 2 airstrips!) – if I had, we would have dropped off the end straight into the cemetery!"