Tel: 01689 887887
Careers with CWJ
We are always interested to hear from professional, enthusiastic and friendly individuals who are looking for their next career move.
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY SOLICITOR – Min 2 years PQE+
Salary: Market Rate + bonus and benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a commercial property solicitor to join our dynamic commercial property team. As a one-stop shop for corporate and private clients, CWJ provides a full service with a very high proportion of the caseload coming from satisfied clients and internal cross-referrals.
The role will require you to grow and develop the commercial property work alongside servicing an already existing caseload. CWJ welcomes candidates who have had a private practice or in-house background.
The role and the caseload includes:
- Freehold and Leasehold acquisitions and disposals
- Property aspects of Corporate transactions including acquisitions, sales and corporate re-structuring
- Representing Landlords and Tenants in the grant of, surrender, assignment and subletting of leases, licences to assign/underlet and licences to alter.
- Land acquisition and disposals
- Property Finance
- Management and property portfolios
Skills and Experience
- Strong commercial property background and the ability to work on corporate transactions.
- Dynamic and flexible approach to client’s needs.
- Methodical, with good problem solving and analytical skills alongside attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Experience in business development
- Team player with excellent communication and people skills
- Professional and presentable at all times
Please send your CV and a covering letter by email to Angie Law, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome speculative enquiries from both fee earning and secretarial staff across all specialisms as well as other support areas including business development, finance, human resources and IT.
Staff retention has always been a priority for us with almost 50% of our staff having worked for us in excess of 10 years. We review our staff benefits regularly ensuring they remain current and competitive. We value and reward employees with the following:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, and reviewed annually
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Pension contribution of 3% of the qualifying amount towards a personal pension. Staff may also make increased contributions*
- Staff benefit scheme valued at a minimum of £1,100 with cash alternative available by request*
- Private medical insurance (available through our benefit scheme)
- Subsidised parking (available through our benefit scheme)
- Five weeks holiday per annum plus bank holidays*
- Paid time off to carry out community/charity work*
- In-house exercise classes
- Regular social events including drinks, bowling and cinema
- Quarterly lunch dedicated to staff with full catering provided
- Team building events
- Flexible approach to working
- Season ticket and personal loans
- Christmas meal/party
- Discounted legal fees*
- 2 hour lunches (once a month)*
- Dress down days
- Half day annual leave to celebrate your birthday
- Flu jabs
- Free eye testing and contribution towards new glasses*
- Daily fresh fruit
- Enhanced maternity pay providing 12 weeks of full salary*
- Enhanced sickness pay providing 12 weeks of full salary*
- Additional holiday granted for staff getting married
- Study leave and supported learning*
*pro rated for part time staff or qualifying conditions may apply
If you are interested in a career with CWJ, we would be pleased to hear from you.
All communication may be directed by email to: Angie Law, HR Director at email@example.com
We advise all prospective employees to read our Privacy Notice For Prospective Employees.
Roles vary across the firm although our current vacancy list appears under [ ].