Left out of a parent/guardians will?

Mr A has just received news that his Mother has passed away. Mr A discovers that the content of his Mother’s will which was prepared and executed a few years ago states that the entirety of the Estate has been left to his two siblings and he is not set to inherit anything. Mr A is left devastated by this news and wants to know if there is anything he can do.

This is a typical scenario whereby it may be appropriate for Mr A to bring a claim against the beneficiaries of the Estate under Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.

Each case is different and will depend on various factors as to the strength of the claim. These types of claims are not just limited to children and can include anyone who was a dependant on the deceased be it a spouse or common law partner or any other dependant.

View my profile
    • 01689 887877
    • View profile

At CWJ we have experience of dealing with these types of matters. If you are disappointed that you have not been left adequate provisions under a will contact us to make an appointment to discuss your options.

Although correct at the time of publication, the contents of this article are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this article. Please contact us for the latest legal position.