We are always interested to hear from professional, enthusiastic and friendly individuals who are looking for their next career move.
Careers with CWJ
We welcome speculative enquiries from both fee earning and secretarial staff across all specialisms as well as other support areas including business development, finance, human resources and IT.
Why our employees enjoy working at CWJ?
Staff retention has always been a priority for us with almost 50% of our staff having worked for us in excess of 10 years. We also review our staff benefits regularly ensuring they remain current and competitive.
CWJ employees value the following:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, and reviewed annually
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Pension contribution of 3% of the qualifying amount towards a personal pension. Staff may also make increased contributions*
- Staff benefit scheme valued at a minimum of £1,100 with cash alternative available by request*
- Private medical insurance (available through our benefit scheme)
- Subsidised parking (available through our benefit scheme)
- Five weeks holiday per annum plus bank holidays*
- Paid time off to carry out community/charity work*
- In-house exercise classes
- Regular social events including drinks, bowling and cinema
- Quarterly lunch dedicated to staff with full catering provided
- Team building events
- Flexible approach to working
- Season ticket and personal loans
- Christmas meal/party
- Discounted legal fees*
- 2 hour lunches (once a month)*
- Dress down days
- Half day annual leave to celebrate your birthday
- Flu jabs
- Free eye testing and contribution towards new glasses*
- Daily fresh fruit
- Enhanced maternity pay providing 12 weeks of full salary*
- Enhanced sickness pay providing 12 weeks of full salary*
- Additional holiday granted for staff getting married
- Study leave and supported learning*
*pro rated for part time staff or qualifying conditions may apply
If you are interested in a career with CWJ, we would be pleased to hear from you.
All communication may be directed by email to: Angie Law, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
We advise all prospective employees to read our Privacy Notice For Prospective Employees.
Applicants for training contracts should already have or expect to achieve a 2.1 degree or equivalent qualification. We welcome applications from both law and non-law disciplines. We look for candidates who have high standards of achievement in their academic, working and extracurricular activities. Applicants should be able to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and organisational skills. They should be keen and ready to accept early responsibility.
On joining the firm, trainees are allocated a mentor from the second year group of trainees. The mentor will be able to pass on any tips and answer any questions that the new trainee may have. The areas in which you train will be agreed according to your preference and to the needs of the business. You will normally spend a period of six months in each seat, but there may be scope for flexibility. The emphasis here is on providing trainees with the most effective training possible with a view to producing talented self-starters. Our trainees are involved in client work from the outset and are given as much responsibility as they are comfortable with. Our trainees attend internal and external training sessions and get involved in the delivery of regular seminars held at our office. They are encouraged to contribute to business development and to express their ideas and opinions. There are formal and informal reviews of how things are going and there is a genuine "open door" policy throughout the firm.
We want you to have fun both at work and after, so we have a social committee who organise regular events.
We do not have any vacancies for trainee solicitors in 2019/2020.