Whether you are a first-time buyer or an investor, we are here to take the stress out of buying and selling a home. We will guide you through each step of the transaction and tailor our service to your personal requirements, so you get exactly the service you need.
When it comes to selling a property, there are important decisions you need to make and we are here to ensure that all your legal obligations are met. There are lots of boxes to tick and we want to assist you in selling your house quickly and efficiently, leaving you free to move on to your next property.
We have a highly efficient experienced team who will ensure that your move occurs as quickly and as smoothly as possible. You will have one person dealing with your file who is dedicated to looking after you and your move. All our conveyancers are directly contactable on their direct dial numbers and by email. We will keep you up to date at all the stages of the transaction.
We are fully accredited with the Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) quality mark standard.
The fees involved in any transaction are important and we review our fees on a regular basis, considering client’s feedback to ensure we always offer good value for money. We typically work on a fixed fee basis, so that from the outset you know what the fees will be for your transaction.
Our calculator will give you an estimate of our fees if the matter is straight forward. If the matter becomes more complex and extra work is required, we reserve the right to charge extra fees but we will inform you of this if such a situation arises. Any work carried out will incur additional charges calculated at our normal hourly rate.
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the sale of your current home.
CWJ do not pay referral fees to third parties such as estate agents to obtain new business.
We are able to rely on the long standing relationships with our existing clients who continue to recommend us, and it is because of them we have a strong local reputation as a trusted law firm. Take a look at our reviews at https://www.reviewsolicitors.co.uk/kent/orpington/clarkson-wright-jakes .
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- If a legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
- If crucial documents, we have previously requested from you have not been provided to us
- If you require to exchange within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require completion within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require simultaneous exchange and completion.
We do not give tax advice and we would recommend you seek advice from an independent financial adviser.
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when your offer is accepted and other factors involved, such as:
- Number of parties in the chain
- Whether the buyer has a mortgage in place
- Whether the buyer requests lease extension for a leasehold property
- Whether the searches flag up any issues
- Whether buyer’s Survey shows up any issues
- Buyer’s enquiries.
A typical transaction will take between 10-14 weeks. However, if any of the above apply or there are other factors we need to take into consideration, it may increase the time by a further 4-6 weeks and additional charges may occur. We will discuss this with you at the earliest opportunity, so you always have a clear picture of how long things are likely to take.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advised based on the information you have provided
- Checking finances are in place for the buyer to fund the purchase
- Drafting contracts of sale and any other necessary documents and reviewing these with you
- Sending the contacts of sale to the buyer’s solicitor and dealing with any enquires they have
- Providing advice on all documents and information received
- Finalising the contract and sending to you for signature
- Agreeing a completion date (the date from which the buyer will legally own the property)
- Exchanging contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Completing the purchase.