Tel: 01689 887887
Alex qualified as a barrister in May 2000, cross qualifying as a solicitor in May 2008.
He joined Clarkson Wright & Jakes in 2009 after working in Canary Wharf and the City as in-house Counsel for a number of companies specialising in insurance litigation. He became a Partner at Clarkson Wright & Jakes in 2012.
Alex specialises in catastrophic personal injury and clinical negligence litigation. Although he primarily acts for claimants, he also accepts work on behalf of defendants often involving insurance indemnity issues.
His personal injury practice focuses on traumatic brain injury, spinal injury, loss of limbs and chronic pain litigation. He also acts for claimant’s that have complex liability issues such as stress at work/harassment claims, travel litigation and wrongful imprisonment/actions against the police.
Alex’s clinical negligence practice involves a wide range of clinical areas although he specialises in birth related complications and general surgical negligence.
Alex is actively involved with the UK’s largest medical negligence charity – AvMA, volunteering each month to provide advice to members of the public who have complaints against public and private health care treatment.
Expertise - Personal Injury
- Fatal accident claims
- Employment claims
- Stress at work/harassment claims
- Travel litigation (personal injury occurring abroad)
- Wrongful imprisonment
- Actions against the police
- Product liability claims
- Public liability claims
- Professional negligence
Expertise - Clinical Negligence
- Negligence arising from birth including all types of palsy claims
- Misdiagnosis claims
- General surgery claims
- Gynaecological claims
- Urology and bowel related claims
- Settling a claim for £40,000 from Marks & Spencer Plc after the client was falsely accused of shoplifting. Read more
- Settling a case for £250,000 for a stress at work claim after the employer sent an email to a number of the claimants colleagues concerning his poor performance. Read more
- Receiving damages for a dependency claim of £250,000 for my client when his partner was involved in a fatal accident. Read more
- Agreeing damages of £500,000 when my client was involved with an accident at work, resulting in an amputation of his arm. Read more
- Recovering damages for my client involved in a vehicle explosion in which he suffered extensive burns and psychological injury. Read more
- Settling a case for over £400,000 due to my client suffering a brachial plexus palsy because of negligent delivery at birth. Read more
- Agreeing compensation of £100,000 for my client who was incorrectly diagnosed and received the wrong treatment for his injury. Read more
- Settling a claim for over £100,000 for a client who received negligent surgery and follow up treatment from the NHS. Read more
Alex’s interests outside work include competing in triathlons, fishing, surfing, snowboarding, rugby and spending time with his family.
For the last three years Alex has taken part in a local sportive called the Kentish Killer which is organised by cycling club, GS Avanti, to raise funds for the Kent, Sussex, & Surrey Air Ambulance Trust.