Benjamin Madden leads the firm's corporate practice and advises on various transactions, reorganisations and lending matters. A source notes: "He certainly knows his stuff and has a big practice with an impressive client base."Chambers & Partners 2019
Benjamin Madden leads the firm's corporate practice and offers significant expertise in investment transactions, sale and acquisition of businesses and restructurings.Chambers & Partners 2015
Ben is a partner and head of the Corporate & Commercial Department.
After graduating from the University of Southampton with a degree in Accounting & German, Ben trained with the firm, qualified in 1999 and has since worked on a variety of corporate and commercial work including investment transactions, acquisitions and disposals of private companies and businesses, management buyouts and reorganisations of various types and sizes. Ben became a partner in 2008 and is now head of the Corporate & Commercial Department.
Ben is fluent in German, having spent time working in Austria, and enjoys travelling throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
As well as enjoying time with his young family, Ben also enjoys walking, cycling and skiing with its associated après ski activities and plays golf occasionally. He is a passionate and active supporter of Leicester Tigers and Westcombe Park rugby clubs.
Ben is a liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Makers of Playing Cards in London and trustee of its associated charity the Masters of Playing Cards charity Trust and was also a trustee of Age UK Bromley & Greenwich.
- Sales and acquisitions of private company shares
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Private equity investment transactions
- Lending and security
- Management buy-outs
- Shareholders' agreements and joint ventures
- Acquisitions and disposals of insolvent businesses
- Advice to management
- Acquisition of UK ATM installation, maintenance and management business as part of a global expansion process with subsequent reorganisation work
- Equity Investments, loan finance and security in a telecom signalling business by a regional investment fund
- Acquisition of various residential care homes and associated businesses for a number of clients with associated reorganisation work for the groups
- Disposal and reinvestment in local data consultancy business
- Assisting with the acquisition of a UK merger and acquisition deal matching business for a US-based data room provider
- Acquisition and disposal for local garden centres
- Disposal to multi-academy trusts of six local primary schools
- Assisting US-based staff placement business with the acquisition of a UK based group
- Establishment and acquisition of a dance school business
- Follow this link to see CWJ's recent corporate successes.
Claim to fame
'I broke my leg skiing aged 7, and I was carried from the slope to the ambulance by Toni Sailer - triple Olympic champion.'