Tel: 01689 887887
Jill has almost 20 years’ experience advising clients in relation to commercial disputes having worked in this area since she qualified.
Jill moved to Clarkson Wright & Jakes to join the commercial litigation team in 1999 on qualification and was promoted to associate in June 2004 and to partner in September 2005.
Jill has a degree in Law from the University of Southampton and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from what is now the University of Law, Guildford.
- Contractual disputes
- Construction disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Boardroom/ shareholder disputes
- Commercial landlord and tenant disputes
- Residential landlord and tenant disputes
- Property disputes
- Employment disputes/enforcing restrictive covenants
- Probate disputes, including actions against Executors
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Debt recovery
- Partnership issues and disputes
- Acting for the defendant in a complex, multi jurisdiction claim of approximately £1.5 million for alleged breach of contract which involved separate proceedings being commenced in England and France.
- Securing payment of the whole of the principal sum in relation to a substantial breach of contract claim of £325,000.
- Acting for a client facing a claim for a sum in excess of £1.5 million for the alleged breach of warranties in an agreement following the sale of his business.
- Providing advice on wide ranging issues and achieving a successful settlement in a shareholder dispute.
Acting for a claimant in a complex construction dispute involving a substantial counterclaim in excess of £600,000 which resulted in the Defendant discontinuing its counterclaim and paying costs.