Dear Jill, please excuse my late reply as I have moved house this week. Thank you so much for your handling of this situation and the outcome that you achieved. I am very grateful. You averted world war 3 single handedly.
Jill has been of great assistance in helping us reach a satisfactory outcome to our negotiation.
CWJ displayed a clear understanding of our company's unusual structure and status. Our immediate problem was dealt with effectively, giving us the guidance we needed in a specialised area. We will be happy to use the firm in the future.
Thank you for all your help, support and your humour! It’s been greatly appreciated.
Jill is the head of the Commercial Litigation Department and has over 20 years of experience advising clients about commercial disputes having worked in this area since she qualified.
Jill moved to Clarkson Wright & Jakes to join the commercial litigation team in 1999 on qualification and was promoted to associate in June 2004 and to partner in September 2005.
Jill has a degree in Law from the University of Southampton and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from what is now the University of Law, Guildford.
- Contractual disputes
- Construction disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Boardroom/ shareholder disputes
- Commercial landlord and tenant disputes
- Residential landlord and tenant disputes
- Property disputes
- Employment disputes/enforcing restrictive covenants
- Probate disputes, including actions against Executors
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Debt recovery
- Partnership issues and disputes
- Acting for the defendant in a complex, multi-jurisdiction claim of approximately £1.5 million for alleged breach of contract which involved separate proceedings being commenced in England and France.
- Securing payment of the whole of the principal sum in relation to a substantial breach of contract claim of £325,000.
- Acting for a client facing a claim for a sum in excess of £1.5 million for the alleged breach of warranties in an agreement following the sale of his business.
- Providing advice on wide-ranging issues and achieving a successful settlement in a shareholder dispute.
- Acting for a claimant in a complex construction dispute involving a substantial counterclaim in excess of £600,000 which resulted in the Defendant discontinuing its counterclaim and paying costs.