Tel: 01689 887887
Laura joined CWJ in October 2015 and is a Senior Solicitor in the Employment team.
As an employment specialist, she advises on all aspects of employment law and HR issues for clients including SMEs to larger national and international employers. As well as providing support to clients with day to day workplace issues such as grievances, disciplinaries, sickness, contracts and handbooks, Laura advises on Employment Tribunal claims. Litigation experience includes unfair and wrongful dismissal, whistleblowing and discrimination claims. Laura regularly works with the corporate team in providing support and advice to clients with the employment aspects of corporate transactions.
Laura also acts for employees and regularly advises on settlement agreements and Tribunal claims.
Laura qualified as a solicitor in 2010 and has specialised in employment law since qualification, initially splitting her time between employment and construction disputes. She graduated from Birmingham University with an LLB degree in law with French law and completed the Legal Practice Course with Distinction at the College of Law.
Laura is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and an Affiliate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Day-to-day HR matters including grievances, sickness, disciplinary and capability procedures
- Settlement agreements
- Employment disputes including unfair and wrongful dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing
- Advising on the employment aspects of corporate transactions
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts and policies
- Redundancy and dismissal advice
- Advice on restrictive covenants